Sunday, March 13, 2005
- - Cherished Education - -

I still sleeping soundly when the phone rang at 6 am. Reluctantly, I picked up the phone. It was from my aunty for my cousin. So, I wake my cousin up to pick up the phone. One hour later, another cousin knocked at my bedroom door. Yet again, woke me up. She said my cousin who was talking on the phone just now has been crying...and I knew for sure what had happened needless to ask.

My cousin always want to go overseas to further her studies, yet she can't. The call from my aunty is telling her to go back for good after she completed her diploma studies. What a sad story. It's all because of my grandpa. Our family is extended family...where everybody lives under one roof. Back at my hometown, if you guys visit me at my house, you can meet my uncles, aunties, cousins, grandpa and grandma all living under one roof. There are altogether 23 of us under one roof so far.....

In this 21st century, I think it's like an irony. My grandpa, who is hmm in his 70s, almost 80, still holding the highest authority in our family. He is the one who call the shoot. He makes most of the decision. Everybody in the family, whether his children or grandchildren must listen to him. He is such a dictator. And actually, I don't like the way this thing works. Many times, I don't agree with my grandpa but still I give in to him because it will seem rude to defy him. My grandpa also the one who is very stubborn and always think he is right. It will be very difficult to change his thinking.

Many time I wished, my grandpa doesn't meddle in our lives. However, it's very very hard. Hmm just wondering, when are we going to be free??

As I mentioned earlier in my previous post, I had decided to continue my studies. Thank goodness, so far there is no objection from my grandpa. I should cherished this chance wisely. As for my cousin, I don't know what will happen to her. But I hope, my grandpa will soon change his mind and allow her to continue her studies.

Isn't it such a pity when we already study so hard and yet forced to return to our hometown just to tend a shop??? I think it won't be good. And I object to it totally!!! Hm...maybe one day, I will bring out the rebel in me...........

Zero-X ranted @ 8:59 AM ;
Comments: Post a Comment

_________

Comments: Post a Comment