Sunday, May 14, 2006
- - Promote Chinese Language And Culture - -

This is my first time in Sunday School communicate in Mandarin with a kid. His mom is Indonesian and I guess his dad is Singaporean. The boy understands English but he prefers to speak in Mandarin. Since other teachers could not speak in Mandarin, my senior asks me to attend to that boy.

I think Chinese language and culture is very important. Especially for us Chinese, we should not forget where we come from. We should not forget our roots. I admit, I'm not too fluent in Chinese, but I can speak, listen, read and write a little. Hey, afterall, a little is much better than none right?? That's why I always take the full opportunity to brush up my conversation skills especially when people talk to me in Mandarin. I always try my best to reply in Chinese as well.

It will be a shame if we, Chinese could not speak our forefather's language. That is my personal opinion. This is because there are many local Indonesians, or even westerners who can speak fluently. My dear friends, aren't you ashamed of this?? Yes, I'm ashamed of myself for not knowing much of my language and culture. I come from Cantonese background. Yeah, I know, another culture that I need to learn. Haizzz, sadly, my Cantonese is very very limited =(. But I'm willing to learn. I'm going to brush up on my Cantonese for sure =D.

By the way, it ever come across my mind to go to China to learn my language and culture all over again. Hopefully, I can make my plan come true =). Anyone wants to come with me to China to learn??? Hehehehe....

Zero-X ranted @ 3:36 PM ;
Comments: Post a Comment

_________

Comments: Post a Comment