Friday, June 02, 2006
- - An Old Lady - -

Yesterday I went for dinner at A Korean restaurant at Excelcior with my 2 cousins. While waiting for a bus to go home, there was an old lady who approached me and asked me in mandarin whether I've got 80 cents. She dressed well but she is very skinny and there is a big tumour on her neck. I gave her $1 since I didn't have 80 cents.

My question to you guys is that, will you give money to someone who asks you for it? Hmm...in my own experience, I always give "those" people money. Am I just being too kind? Hehehe I don't know. But I've been doing it since my secondary school days. Hmmm...I think it depends on the person whether she/he needs it and whether he/she deserves it.

When I was in secondary 3, an old man asked me for $2. It happened at MRT station. He looked haggard and he claimed he had not eaten for days. So I gave him $2, and an aunty scolded me for doing so. She said in mandarin that I shouldn't help him cos "those" people like to cheat others' money by making us pity them.

I don't know whether "those" people out to cheat my money or not. Afterall, what they asked is not a big sum and what harm will it be to give a little to help others? Whether "those" people cheat me, or they really need help, I already did what I could to help. So, for "those" people who cheated me, hehe I could do nothing about it. However so far, I think all those people who asked me for money really need help hmmmm....

Zero-X ranted @ 9:32 AM ;
Comments: Post a Comment

_________

Comments: Post a Comment