Thursday, September 14, 2006
- - Appreciation... - -

This incident happened last Sunday, but I just thought of writing it today. Fortnight ago, some of Sunday school kids got paper flowers. I didn't know how and who gave it to them. Anyway, there was a girl who didn't get any. She kept asking me to give her the flower. In the end, I promised to bring her paper flower on the following week, which is last Sunday.

I had spend some time to make the paper flower, but that kid didn't show any appreciation. She wanted exactly the same flower like the one she saw. She kept bugging me and I just told her that if she didn't want the flower, fine, I could give it to other kids who want it. Simple...it was just like "take it or leave it" thing. Alright, after that, she kept the paper flower with her.

Then, the next moment, when she saw other kids holding balloon, she also wanted it!!! She told me that she had given her flower to other kid, so that she could have a balloon. My goodness, I couldn't believe it. She was a spoilt rotten kid.

I could just simply gave her the balloon. However, other kids got the balloon because they were well behaved during lesson. They sit quietly, listen to the bible story attentively and even answer the questions that were being asked. That was why they were rewarded with the balloons. This kid, she didn't do the same thing like the other kids..and she wanted the balloon?????

I think her parents always give what she wants. I know, kids usually behave like this. When they want something, they must have it. And if they had owned something, and if there is something new, they might just abandoned the "old" one. But the thing is, as a good parents, this is certainly not a wise thing to do. Instead, I think the parents should teach the kid to appreciate and be grateful for what she/he has. I know, it's human nature to expect something more, something better. However, I think we should be contented with what we have hmmm....

Next time if I have kids of my own, I will make sure that they know how to appreciate and be contented of what they got hehe....

Anyway, my posting is open for arguments. So...anybody disagree? Feel free to drop your line at comment page hehehe =P.

Zero-X ranted @ 10:32 PM ;
Comments: Post a Comment

_________

Comments:
i know children could be such an annoying brat.. and the sad point is we can't blame them because people keep saying "they're innocent" .. blah!!
but i also can't blame the parents either.. it's also human nature that parents always want to give everything their kids want..
why don't you talk with her parents to report her about her attitude.. if they got mad, well just ignore them.. it's not worthed at all to worry about that kid =p
 
Post a Comment